Thursday, November 14, 2013

July 11, 2013


Tea and Toast again! Today should be a good day!!

 

Okay the last couple of days have been really busy in the hospital. We have seen so many different patients who have been diagnosed with many different situations. I think one case in particular stuck out the most when we the doctor decided to make the decision that this patient who had gangrene (which is a disease that patients with who are severe diabetics get that eats away at the tissue and then causes the area to be necrotic).

 

I am beginning to get a little frustrated. Before I even start, this is one of the best experiences thus far and I am having a great deal of time, but it is looking as if this program will begin to get really repetitive and the doctors at the clinic are not fans of “pre med” students because we are not knowledgeable to be able to answer the level of questions they are asking. It gets a little frustrating when I am standing around watching the doctor fill out paper work and visits the same patients. So because I am paying $2757.00, I decided to seek out other areas of the hospital where I could get more exposure. It was at the moment where I appreciated the idea of making your own experience. I wanted more, I wanted a higher intensity of exposure, I wanted to see more interesting cases so I found this other doctor who was on-call and doctors who are on-call ended up being in the area of the hospital where people come in and are needing immediate assistance. I thought that was an interesting area of the hospital. I definitely could not be a general practitioners because it is so boring. I need a variety in my daily tasks and each student my feel different.

 

Anyhow, enough about the hospital, and more about the fun stuff! I WENT TO THE BEACH AND WATCHED THE SUNSET!! IT WAS AWESOME!!! I got to let the sand go through my toes and the water run across my skin. It was amazing! I love the beach and I will definitely be getting a beach house some day. Also, we went to this Sushi place and it was awesome!!! Got a little buzzed from the drinks, but it was a really nice place! The sushi was half off which was great!!!

 

Overall, it was a great time and I loved it. I am trying to make this experience something that I will never forget because after this, is studying for the MCAT can getting ready to use everything that I learned over the past three years (Working in science labs, CNA, Shadowing Docs, working in research labs, clubs and organizations) and apply it in an interview or gather it to think of an awesome way to develop a method to advertise myself as a great doctor. This experience will definitely help deliver that idea; I will have things to talk about in the interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment